For students in the Group in Logic at Berkeley who are studying for Part I of the prelims, I have included links to solutions to past prelim problems (from 2008-2013) that I worked through when studying for this exam. You can find other solutions to previous prelims on Michael Wan’s spreadsheet. Michael Wan also has some reading suggestions in case you’re interested.
If you catch any errors, have solutions to problems I haven’t solved, or have other questions, let me know. Although I haven’t updated the files since August 2013, I will update files if you catch corrections or find places where it could be improved.
- August 30, 2013: Fixed June 2012 (2).
- August 29, 2013: Added problem to January 2011 (3). Credit goes to Alex Kruckman for the solution.
- August 28, 2013: Added problems to August 2011 (7), January 2010 (5, 8), and August 2009 (4c).
- August 26, 2013: Corrected a mistake in June 2008 (8).
- August 25, 2013: Fixed a major typo in the Kleene-Post solution, June 2013 (2). Thanks Lisha for catching it!
- August 23, 2013: Added problems to June 2008 (2, 4, 7) and January 2008 (2, 3, 8, 9). Also made Ehrenfeucht-Mostowski terminology and notation more consistent.
- August 19, 2013: Fixed typos.