Phil 12A: Introduction to Logic
Instructor: Prof. Seth Yalcin
Office: 1058 Evans
Hours: Wednesdays 2:30pm-4pm, or by appointment
Section Times and Locations
Tuesday, 11am-12pm in 233 Dwinelle
Thursday, 11am-12pm in 225 Dwinelle
Tuesday, 1pm-2pm in 72 Evans
Thursday, 1pm-2pm in 125 Dwinelle
Handouts from Section
- Validity (Sept. 10)
- Use/Mention (Sept. 12)
- Symbolization (Sept. 19)
- Venn Diagrams and PPL (Oct. 15)
- Symbolization in RPL (Oct. 29)
- Murder Mystery! (Nov. 12)
- Truth Tables (Sept. 17)
- Equivalences in PL (Sept. 24)
- Equivalences in PPL (Oct. 15)
- Open Sentences and Free Variables in RPL (Nov. 12)
- Equivalences in RPL (Nov. 12)
You can retrieve the syllabus either from bSpace or Piazza when you lose your copy.
Be sure to sign up for the course’s Piazza site: Philos 12A. There, you and your fellow students, along with the GSIs, can ask and answer questions (anonymously if you wish) regarding the material. You can also earn extra credit by participating.
If you want to type your homeworks instead of writing them, the tool you’ll want to use is LaTeX.